Takaful Emarat was founded with a paid-up capital of AED 150 million in March 2008 with Head office in Dubai. The company is listed at Dubai Financial Market under the trading symbol ‘Takaful-Em’.
- To become an international leader of Takaful Insurance in GCC, Middle East, North Africa and other Islamic countries.
- To manage participants financial security with full compliance of Shariah.
- To gain trust and confidence by providing value added products and services backed by international expertise.
- To act fairly and transparently in the best interest of participants.
- To promote the concept of Takaful as a genuine shariah compliant alternate to Insurance.
- To design & promote Takaful products based on emerging needs and modern approach.
- To provide wide range of Life and Health Takaful products to individual & group both.
- To achieve the best financial results for participants and shareholders.
- To expand Takaful Emarat regionally and globally.
ABOUT TAKAFUL INSURANCE
Takaful, is a unique Islamic concept of shariah compliant insurance. The concept of Takaful Insurance is based on the concept of social solidarity, cooperation and mutual indemnification of losses of members. It is a pact among a group of members who agree to jointly indemnify the loss or damage that may inflict upon any of them out of the funds they donate collectively.
CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK OF TAKAFUL
The concept of Takaful is established on following principles:
- The participants co-operate among themselves for their common good;
- Every participant pays his contribution in order to assist those who need assistance;
- Takaful contract represents donation agreement which is intended to divide losses and spread liability according to the community pooling system;
- The element of uncertainty is eliminated insofar as contribution and compensation are defined;
- It does not aim at deriving advantage at the cost of other individuals.